Actelis has a comprehensive portfolio of carrier-class, standards-based Carrier Ethernet over Copper™ aggregation switching products for central offices, offering service providers a variety of cost-effective aggregation platforms for different network topologies and scenarios. The aggregation switches, all part of our award-winning ML series, are point-to-multipoint Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) platforms capable of delivering high quality advanced Ethernet services over multiple voice grade copper pairs within and beyond the customer service area. Our ML600 series of Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) are offered as the NTEs interfacing into the customer network.
Utilizing the Actelis’ aggregation solutions, service providers can leverage the existing copper infrastructure to deliver in excess of 400 Mbps Ethernet service per customer while achieving unprecedented rate, reach, and reliability on any grade of available copper. The Actelis aggregation switches offer MEF 10 compliant services with advanced bandwidth control and traffic management features. They can seamlessly integrate into service providers Metro Ethernet networks, fully interoperable with any standard Ethernet switch or router, as well as aligned with, and certified by, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF).
Actelis’ aggregation switches are also fully compatible with our XR239 EFM Repeaters, overcoming the distance challenges while enabling higher rate and reach per copper pair. The combined solution can be used for full coverage of the CSA while offering remote locations and customers higher bandwidth services.Aggregation Platform Highlights
- Point-to-Multipoint Ethernet over Copper Platforms
- In excess of 400 Mbps
- Standard based Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) 802.3ah - 2BASE-TL platform
- Actelis' patent EFMplus™ Technology for industry leading Rate and Reach and Reliability over copper pairs
- Cross bonding between cards for resiliency, Any pair to any link
- Advanced Layer 2 capabilities including SLA and ingress rate limiting and shaping - MEF 10 compliance / MEF 9, 14 certified Dynamic Spectral Shaping (DSS) for minimum spectral impact
- Ease of Installation and Deployment, advanced copper trouble shooting tools
- Full Management suite including easy to use GUI, EMS ,SNMP & IBM Tivoli Software (Netcool Integration) Environmentally Hardened